Tuesday, April 15, 2014

L.A. Girl Cosmetics Glazed Lip Paint

Hey loves,
I found out about these glosses on Instagram, by the way, you should be following me on there,  
anabelogb. When I first saw them, I instantly thought about the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks, which I already love. Each of these glazed glosses are ($4), compared to the Too Faced ($21), I thought it would be worth a shot to test them out! 

Top to Bottom: Pin-up, Coy, Blushing, Bombshell, Babydoll, Hot Mess 
Too faced on the left and La Girl on the right
you can definitely see the similar packaging

Besides the packaging, these are far from being alike. Too faced's formula is a lot easier to work with. They are easy to apply, while the la girls' formula is pretty messy. I do like the la girl glosses though, I was pleasantly surprised. They are really pigmented and shiny. I think they are a great buy for the money. If you think about it on the money standpoint, you can basically get all 6 glosses for the price of one melted liquid lipstick. The melted lipsticks dry on your lips, making it more of a stain than a gloss. I don't think these two products are comparable at all. I love them both for what they are claiming to do.
top to bottom: Hot Mess, Babydoll, Bombshell, Blushing, Coy, Pin-up

you can see how glossy these are.

My faves are bombshell and pin-up

top colors are too faced, bottom colors are la girl 
When I tried coy on, I immediately thought about Dose of Colors in Purple Fusion. Purple fusion is a little bit darker, but they swatches very similar!


Too faced melted lipsticks are available at Toofaced.com, Sephora, Ulta
La girl glazed lip paints are available at lagirlusa.com
:)

1 comment: