Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Must have eyeshadow palettes


Hello ladies, 
I'm going to be showing you which eyeshadow palettes, I think, every girl needs in her makeup collection! 

I have a drawer-full of palettes! My name is Anabel and I have a makeup hoarding problem! LOL. But I'm here to show you which are the essentials and how you probably don't need a drawer full of them. 

I have my top four that I use and feel are universal to anyone who loves makeup. Weather you're a beginner or a junkie status (me). I'm not going to show swatches because I'm sure you can find a million posts, but I will include my photos of each item. 😘

Lorac pro palette ($42)

This is my absolute fave, I think it's way underrated. These colors are so pigmented and easy to blend. There's the top row of mattes and the bottom of shimmer. 
As you can see mine is beat up because I use it so much! I've used this for everyday, night out, wedding. Basically any ocasion.  


You have the lighter shades for day time, but you can easily smoke it out for a night out with espresso or black shadow! 

Second must have, 

Urban decay naked palette ($52)


You need this palette in your life! It's a staple item in a girls collection. Either the naked 1 or 2 can be used for everyday and multiple looks. Personally, I used this palette over the naked 2 anyday. 


As you can see I've hit pan on "buck" and serious damage to "sin"! When I first started using makeup, this was the first palette I bought. Now It isn't my go-to anymore since I have so many other palettes. But this is definitely one, I recommend to beginners. 


Third, 
Urban decay basics ($27) 


This goes along, with my second post, urban decay has some amazing eyeshadows. Their pigmentation is great and easy to use/blend. 

When this first came out I thought I really didn't need it, but surprisingly I use it a lot. I like to throw it in my makeup bag when I go out to do any touch ups. This is also great for beginners. It's really a no brainer you can't fail with this one. 
 

Finally, I have my mac eyeshadows. 
(Price varies)


The palette itself is ($10) the palette + insert. 
Each shadow if you buy the pan itself is ($10) 

It does come out very pricy but these shadows are worth every penny. 
I didn't buy all these shadows at once, I would buy a couple here and there. That's how I built my palette, also some shadows were ones I depotted or were gifted to me. Some of these colors are my absolute fave and are used everyday.  

My fave is "soft brown". It's the one on the bottom right next to the orange one It may seem like just any other brown but this one really makes my eye shadow blend nicely and a great transition color. 

Mac can be overwhelming because they have so many colors and options. So I might do a separate post about my mac essentials. 


I hope this post helps you out. Feel free to ask me anything! Remember makeup is suppose to be fun, don't take it so seriously! Buy things that make you happy and that you love! 

Talk to you later loves! 




2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the Lorac pro!!! Best gift ever!!! I need to get some tips
    On application tho as I have been sticking to the same
    Old smokey look...any advice on good techniques?? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do the same!! But you can use the matte browns for an everyday look. I also seen a girl use the white on the lid and brow bone and just taupe on the crease with winged eyeliner. It's so simple but looks so nice! I also like using the shimmer ones on the lid then just blend a matte color in the crease! There's so many videos on YouTube too, you can do a quick search!

      Delete